1997 Tuesday Night Hike Schedule
- May 6 -- Hikes Start! (Well, they would have if it hadn't rained!)
- May 13 -- Bare Mountain loop: Notch Visitor's Center (second try)
- May 20 -- Mt. Holyoke/Skinner Park loop: M&M trail up, road down after dark
- May 27 -- Mt. Toby -- starting from the parking lot on Reservation Road
- June 3 -- Mt. Norwottock -- starting from Notch Visitor's Center lot
- June 10 -- Goat Peak -- starting from Mt. Nonotuck power lines off of Rt. 5 & 10
- June 17 -- Mt. Tom Cliffs (car shuttle required, be ready early)
- June 24 -- North Sugarloaf, South Deerfield (tentative)
- July 1 -- Al's Choice -- I have a book to write today, so I can't go, sorry.
- July 8 -- I still had a book to do, but folks went to Amethyst Brook/ Mt. Orient
- July 15 -- rained out (sort of, Al was right) -- went to Bub's
- July 22 -- Wendell State Forest
- July 29 -- Quabbin Reservoir (tick, tick, tick, ...)
- Aug. 5 -- rained out
- Aug. 12 -- Mt. Toby from the Sunderland side (North/Middle/South Mtn. Road)
- Aug. 19 -- (to be arranged, Guest Leader's choice)
- Aug. 26 -- (to be arranged, Al's choice)
- Sep. 2 -- Canoe/cookout to First Island (CT river in Sunderland)
POSTPONED -- I am too sick to run this trip -- Al will show
up as usual to see when people would like to reschedule.
I am lobbying for next Sunday afternoon, Al for next Tuesday.
Let us know which you prefer. Sorry we have to do this
at the last minute
- Sep. 9 -- Canoe cookout reschedule (consensus was for Tuesday)
- Sep. 16 -- "Full moon" hike to Mt. Holyoke (meet at regular time -
up in daylight, down the road after dark in the light of the
- Sep. 23 -- Maybe one more short hike.....