EDUC 592S: Pre-Practicum Science
September 18 (TK20 workshop)
Descriptions and due dates for all assignments are in WebCT.
Link to WebCT: http://webct.oit.umass.edu
Link to TK-20: https://umass.tk20.com
1) Attend and participate all prepracticum meetings . Prepracticum only meets four times during the semester. If for any reason you cannot make one of the sessions you must get permission from either Chris Emery or Allan Feldman before the class meets.
2) Teach two lessons . The lessons should be based on the lesson plans developed for EDUC 512. The lessons can be for a portion of a class period (t >= 15 minutes) or for use with a small group of students. Make sure that you report on this in your Reflective Log (#7 below).
3) School-based Assignments A, B, C and D
Assignment A: Interaction with Students (due 9/25)
Assignment B: Observing Student Learning (due 10/11)
Assignment C: Resources for Student Learning (due 10/23)
Assignment D: Observing Interactions (due 11/20)
4) Shadow a student schedule for a day. (See WebCT for an example of this assignment.) Due 10/23
5) Photovoice. The assignment requires you to take a series of photographs that relate to your placement, put them in some order with captions, and write a reflective piece of 3-5 pages on what you learned about being a teacher from the assignment. Although it is not required, you may want to take photographs of students. The photographs will only be shared within this class and will not be used in any public manner. Due 12/5
6) Participate in the electronic journal via WebCT with a reflective posting at least once per week. Refer to your weekly goals and your self-assessment of your progress toward those goals in your posting. Due weekly.
7) Keep a reflective log of your school activities. Due 12/11.
8) Complete the prepracticum assessment form on TK-20 with your sponsoring teacher. YOU CANNOT STUDENT TEACH UNLESS YOU DO THIS!!