Wednesday 10-11:30, Thursday 11-12:30
- Syntactic Variation
- African American English:
- Acquisition and Development
- Tense and Aspect
- Left Periphery Phenomena
- Linguist 201: Introduction to Linguistic Theory
- Linguist 594A: Structure of African American English
- 2011. Language and the African American Child. Cambridge University Press.
- 2002. African American English: A Linguistic Introduction. Cambridge University Press.
- In Preparation. With Sonja Lanehart and Jennifer Bloomquist (eds.). Oxford Handbook of African American Language. Oxford University Press.
- In preparation. “Force, Focus, and Negation in African American English.”
- 2007. with Tom Roeper. “The Acquisition Path for Aspect: Remote Past and Habitual in Child African American English.” Language Acquisition. 269- 313.
- 2007. with Tom Roeper. “Node Labels and Features: Stable and Unstable Dialects and Variation in Acquisition.” Linguistic Variation Yearbook 7, 1-26.
- 2000. “Aspectual Be-Type Constructions and Coercion in African American English.”Natural Language Semantics, 8, 1-25.