I am a professor of psychology at UMass Amherst. My research in visual cognition and attention is described on the webpage for the UMass Visual Cognition and Attention Lab, along with some of our publications. Please contact me if you have questions or comments about our work, or if you would like to be part of our lab.
Before coming to UMass, I was in the Department of Psychology at the University of Southampton in the U.K., and I continue to work with researchers there.
I teach graduate and undergraduate courses in cognition and cognitive neuroscience.
- Psychology 304: Brains, Minds, and Behavior
- Psychology 315: Cognitive Psychology
- Psychology 391SC: Scientific Studies of Consciousness
- Psychology 618: Graduate Cognitive Neuroscience
- Psycology 891uu: Visual Cognition and Attention
I am the associate chair for the Psychology Department.
If you think you might be interested in joining us as a graduate student and receiving a Ph.D. in Cognitive Psychology from UMass, please contact me or Caren Rotello, the head of the Cognitive Division.
You can reach me by email (email@example.com) or at the address and phone number below.