The "Pink House" that became the Karl Martz Studio in
Nashville, Indiana from 1938-1942.
Notice the Karl Martz - Potter
sign in the lower left corner of the photo above.
It is visible much more clearly in the
photo of Karl at left.
On top of the sign are silhouettes of pots, believed to have been
made by Karl out of flat sheet metal
(see an earlier version).
Later, a large plate on the corner post of the porch
announced Karl Martz Studio.
Becky's recollection is that one of the outbuildings was an ice house.
Karl and Becky rented the Pink House from Grace Wilkes, who owned
a summer house up on the hill behind the Pink House. Wilkes was a well to do
patron of the arts who lived in Indianapolis.